I HATE Gossip! ..... The only time we should be sharing somebody's business, is if afterwards we say "...So keep them in your Prayers" or "...So let's pitch in to help them". Proverbs 20:19 says "Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler" ....... In fact, there are several Bible Scriptures that speak against Gossip - and here they are:
- Proverbs 6:16-19 says that sowing discord is an abomination to GOD ...... #DeathToGossip !!!
- Proverbs 16:28 - "A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends" ..... Gossip destroys friendships! ..... #DeathToGossip !!!
- Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers" ..... Gossip does not edify ... #DeathToGossip !!!
- Proverbs 26:20 - "For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases" ..... NO Gossiper = NO Drama ...... #DeathToGossip !!!
- Proverbs 10:18 - "...and whoever utters slander is a fool" ... If you're slandering someone's name, by Bible definition, you are a fool! ...... #DeathToGossip
The next time we feel tempted to Gossip (or entertain Gossip), let's combat that urge with the Word of God. Gossip displeases the Lord and we only want to do those things that are pleasing to Him, amen??? ......... I love you (reader), God bless!
As a writer, my objective is to provoke thought. As a minister, my objective is to encourage you to Christ. As a disciple, my objective is to do these things in love.